The Architectural Dynamics lab (previously Future Citizen Sketches) is one of our most unique labs as it takes the perspective of future citizens from a theoretical future society. We extend the term “citizen” here to describe a verified member of an institution, where an individual can be a “citizen” of a company, state, society…etc.
As mankind continues to mature, what follows is an evolution of our theories, practices, and systems of organization. As the modern roles of government and independent organizations continue to shift, these blurred lines inspire new questions about the future of citizenship, and evidently, the birth of the Future Citizen Sketches lab.
Our lab builds on this unique opportunity to rethink the roles that each institution plays in the everyday lives of their “citizens.” We focus on the ideation, development, and testing of scalable resources that contribute to the prosperity of future citizens.
- What do we mean by “quality” education and how do we define educational success?
- To what extent can innovation triumph over systemic barriers to equity? How can we celebrate and build on the success stories of other initiatives?
- What curriculum and mindset designs pose the heaviest limitations to learning? How do we prioritize the right educational experiences?
- How do we address various educational barriers at the student level, the school level, and a systemic level?
- What is the most effective way to combat the mental health epidemic in schools? What is the most direct way to promote health and wellness?
- How do we prepare future scholars with the tools to combat the ambiguities that lie ahead?
- Understand the mental health epidemic from the perspective of students, teachers, educators, and scholars
- Identify the weakest links of the education system and the inflection points with the greatest impact to students, educators, and schools
- To develop innovative teaching methods that translate into unconventional intellectual experiences
- To build meaningful opportunities for intellectual growth inside and outside the formal classroom space
- To directly address the systemic biases and limitations